To begin, login to your Sellr Dashboard and navigate to the Products tab. This is where you will be able to view and make changes to your products, including manually adjusting a product's size, price, or sale price. Here you will also be able to feature or list specific products to promote to your customers. More information about featuring and listing products can be found here.
In the top-right corner of your the Products page, you will find an "Import CSV" button. Click that to begin the importing process.
Click "Select a File" and choose the file you would like to upload. Once you see the name of your file (see below), click Next to proceed to the next step.
NOTE: The format of your file must have a .csv extension in order to be successfully imported. If you're unsure of how to do this, here's a simple how-to.
If you have more than one store connected to your Sellr account, you will see a drop-down to choose the store you would like to import your CSV to. If you have multiple stores and they share the same products, simply repeat this import process for each store to ensure consistent and accurate data.
Once you've chosen the CSV file you would like to import, the "Configure your Import" page will try to match your file's column names with the product data we support to manage your products. Currently, we support importing the following product data:
- Type (labeled as "Beer", "Wine", "Spirit", "Cigar", etc.)
- UPC (can also be labeled "Sku" or "Barcode") **
- Sale Price
** Note: A product must have an associated UPC / Sku / Barcode in order to be imported. Any products missing this data will be skipped during the import process. All other products will still be imported.
If a column is not automatically matched for you, you can use the available dropdown to specify which of your columns matches the designated product data you would like to include. In the above example, we have manually set our CSV file's "Sale_price" column to the importer's SALE_PRICE option. When completed, click Next to proceed.
Note: not all fields are required. Only the UPC / Sku / Barcode column is required.
The final step is to confirm your import. Click "Import Items" to complete the import process.
If your CSV imports successfully, the Success page will give you some details about your import. Based on the above example:
- Total Imported: 11,793 || this is the number of products (rows) your CSV file contains
- Already in DB: 4,901 || this is the number of products (based on UPC, Sku, or Barcode) that we already have curated in our database and include product images, descriptions, tasting notes, food pairings, etc. (if applicable).
- New Products: 6,892 || this is the number of products from your CSV file that are unique, or not currently curated in our product database. These products will not appear immediately in your Products page within the Sellr Dashboard until they have been researched, verified, and curated for you by our database curation team.
- Not Imported: 0 || every product in our sample CSV file had an associated UPC / Sku / Barcode. If a product was missing a UPC / Sku / Barcode, this would identify which of your products were not imported successfully.
If there is an issue importing your CSV, we will inform you there was a problem importing your file, along with a description of the issue we encountered. If you don't see the Success screen (above), please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team by clicking the green chat icon on this page. We'll treat you like the VIP that you are.